As a photographer, there are a number of apps and programs that I rely on every day to help me manage my workflow, edit my photos, and connect with my clients and followers. In this blog post, I will share my top ten apps and programs that I couldn't live without.
1. Lightroom - This powerful editing software is a staple in the photography world. It allows me to quickly and easily edit my photos, adjust exposure and colour balance, and organise my images into collections.
2. Grammarly - I need to make sure that blogs, emails and social media copy is clear, concise, and error-free. Grammarly is an AI-powered writing assistant that checks my grammar and spelling and suggests better phrasing.
3. Instagram - A must have for all business in my opinion! A great way to connect with other photographers, showcase my work, and reach new clients. I love using Instagram to share behind-the-scenes shots, sneak peeks of upcoming projects, and my latest work.
4. Wix - I use this website builder as my go-to tool for building and managing my photography website, bookings, email marketing and invoicing. It's easy to use, customisable, and offers a range of features and templates that are perfect for photographers.
5. Canva - This online design tool is great for creating graphics, flyers, and other marketing materials. I use Canva to design my business cards, some of my social media posts, and other promotional materials.
6. Miro - This collaborative online whiteboard is perfect for brainstorming ideas, sharing concepts, and planning shoots with clients and collaborators. It allows me to visualise my ideas and collaborate with others in real-time.
7. Snapseed - This free photo editing app is a great alternative to Lightroom for quick and easy edits on the go. It offers a range of tools and filters that can help enhance your photos and give them a unique look.
8. SwipeMix - This app allows me to create Instagram story templates and collages quickly and easily. It's a great way to keep my Instagram stories looking fresh and engaging.
9. Met Office Weather - As a UK based photographer who often works outdoors, it's important for me to stay up-to-date with the weather forecast. This app provides accurate and detailed weather information that helps me plan my shoots and get the best possible shots.
10. Pic-Time - This online gallery platform is perfect for delivering photos to clients. It allows me to create custom galleries, set prices, and even sell prints directly to clients.
These apps and programs have become essential tools in my daily workflow as a photographer. From editing and organising my photos to connecting with clients and collaborators, each app and program plays an important role in helping me run my business more efficiently and effectively. Whether you're a professional photographer or an amateur hobbyist, I highly recommend checking out these apps and programs to help take your photography to the next level.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog, I really hope it has helped answer some of the questions you might have had about Family Lifestyle Photography. Please get in touch if you want to know more about family photography or about any of the other photography services I offer, including:
Or if you would like to join my mailing list, you’ll be the first to hear about discounts, limited sessions and photography tips. Click here to join or get in touch!